Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today is the Day

Today is the day You have made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it!  I begin my day in praise to You, Lord.  You are Almighty, You are Sovereign, and You are Beautiful, Healer, Teacher, and Deliverer. 

You took me from the pits of Hell and brought me to Your place at the right hand of God.  You smiled upon my life and I was drawn with a strong desire to have You in my life.  I needed You like a baby needs its mother.  I could no longer live without You in my heart.  My time of living the world’s way was no longer fulfilling, I heard death knocking at the door.  My Spirit did not want such an ugly thing, I knew there was something, Someone, better.

And You didn’t turn Your back on me when I reached out to You.  I was so ugly and filthy and full of disease and death.  And You took hold of my hand and brought me to a place on a hillside and showed me a cross. You spoke only two words, “For You.”

In my shame and embarrassment I searched Your eyes for deception, “who would die for me?  Surely not You, I don't even know You!”  All I saw in Your eyes was forgiveness and a deep and powerful love.  There was no deception, no hidden motive, only love, pure and holy.  I could tell that although I didn’t know You, You knew me.

I fell on my face in the dirt where Your blood still stained the earth, and I wept, so undeserving was I to be in this place.  I found that I was already changing; my arrogance was being replaced with humility, my fear with trust, my anger and hatred with love.

My hard and stony heart was softening, and as I cried tears of humility, I felt the burden of death released from me.  My tears mixed with Your blood as I surrendered my life to You in exchange for eternity.  We became one.  I knew in my heart that death no longer owned me.  I knew I would spend eternity loving You, with a joy in my heart I was unprepared for.  I never knew this feeling of joy, the lightness of my soul, the peace of being safe.

You took my hand and helped me up.  You brushed away my tears and told me I was Yours.  You smiled and kissed my face and held me in Your loving arms.  All the angels in Heaven smiled and shouted ‘Hallelujah’ because I had given my life to You.

I knew this is where I belonged, and I became light, just as You.  I was no longer filthy or filled with rage, I became whole as I walked hand-in-hand with You, Jesus.  I am never alone, and only You could make me feel this way.

Oh yes, the dark world still wants to bring me back,  Its grip on my life has been severed forever, yet the ruler of this dark world can’t stop his relentless pursuit to at least trip me up. When I find myself out walking alone, when I have not walked with You, I feel the darkness grabbing hold of my ankles, trying once again to steal my new found faith and joy.

But at those times that I am lost, You hold me even tighter, and reach down in love when I fall and scrape my knees, and You remind me that I must trust You, and believe You.  I must obey You, because You know the right path, the only one to Heaven’s Gate.  I can easily get distracted by the false beauty of the world, and by seeing my own reflection in the lake.  I must remember that only You are the Truth, the Light, and the Way.

So I surrender my life to You, Jesus, my Savior.  I confess that You are God and came to earth and was born to a virgin.  I believe You suffered and died for my sins.  I believe that You rose and beat death once and for all.  I believe that You are my Lord and Savior, and more than anything that You died that I might live, so great is Your love for me!  I thank You, Lord Jesus, and I gladly throw away the old and put on the new!  My life is Yours, You cleansed and saved me.  I believe I am a child of God, no longer lost or unloved.  I am a sinner, and You are my Savior.  I love You, Jesus!

So let me enjoy this beautiful day that You have made for me.  Let me bask in the warmth of Your ever-present love!  I praise You!  I worship You! You are GOD!!!  And You love me!
 
dft ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)