Thursday, December 15, 2011

Trusting God for Healing and Restoration

"Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.  Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’"  Isaiah 58:8-9 (NKJ)

I have some friends that are in need of prayer for healing.  I trust that God will answer the prayers of all those who believe in His healing powers.  I have two friends that had replacement surgery, one for her hip and one for her shoulder.  I have one that is undergoing tests to find out what makes her feel dizzy and why she gets pneumonia so often.  Another has a mass around the bottom of his esophagus that has caused him to lose an enormous amount of weight.  The doctors aren't sure what it is, it doesn't seem to be cancer, but they are not sure about what to do, as they have never seen this before.  I have a dear friend who almost 'bled out' last week, a few days after having a polyp removed during a colonoscopy, who thankfully is better now.  And another, a very sweet woman I only met last week had a biopsy come back positive.  She will be having a pet scan soon.  I don't know exactly what that is, but I do know what I will be praying.


Like I said, I only met this young woman last week, but her faith in God impressed me.  She is a lovely girl (I say girl because I'm old enough to be her mother).  She had breast cancer in the past, but I don't know how long ago or what the prognosis was.  I cried thinking about her yesterday.  She has a little girl who is 8, and a little boy, only four years old.  I refuse to believe that they will grow up without her!  I just won't accept even the possibility!  I rebuke Satan and claim clean health and purity of her cells in the name of Jesus of Nazareth!  I claim that she will be there when her daughter goes to the prom and graduates high school and will help her get dressed on her wedding day, and will cuddle her grandchildren in her arms on cold winter nights.  I claim that God will get the glory for this Christmas miracle!

James 5:16 says:  "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.  The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."  So I am in prayer.  This morning on my way to work I thought about what was the most important thing to me this Christmas, what I wanted very much.  I have a large inventory of books I desperately need to sell so that I can pay for them. 

But you know what, dear Reader?  Today I lay them at God's feet.  This is His book, after all, and I have done my best.  It's time for me to sit down and let Him do the rest.  Let me watch a miracle happen.  I will do my signings this weekend in Georgetown, Tx and Salado, Tx, but other than that, I will be prepared for people to come to me and buy, but it's time to give the Almighty a chance to do what He does best.

I have traded my hopes of my entire inventory being sold for healing and restoration.  This young lady needs her body healed and restored to God's original design.  I know of a young couple whose marriage suffered a considerable amount of damage and it needs healing and restoration.  This couple means the world to me.  They don't know the enormity of how much I care about them and their marriage being restored.  They are spending time hours apart learning how to listen to God and how to know who they are.  I think that's all well and good, but I think their separation has become a crutch.  God ordained their marriage; whether they want to admit it or not, He was at their wedding, and He blessed it.  By not following God's plan for their lives, for putting Him on the back burner, Satan managed to go in there and destroy their lives.  They have since turned back to God, but it is taking a long time for them to turn back to each other.  Please, Lord, fix these things that are broken!

That's all I want for Christmas.  Healing and restoration.  So many lives are affected because the enemy has attacked the two things that are most important to us, health and relationships that were blessed by God.  John 10:10 says, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy."  As my Pastor says, "He will kill you with a hangnail if he can."  The devil doesn't care HOW you suffer, just that you do.  But we have to remember the second half of that verse, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."  Trust Him!

I don't have any money put aside for gifts this Christmas, and I am quite in debt because I wrote a sweet little book about childhood innocence.  But you know what?  This is God's book, He brought it to life, not me, I didn't have any inkling about writing a children's Christmas book!  He just needed me to get it out there.  He has already determined who will buy the book.  God has a plan that I have been obedient to, and I don't regret my financial status at the moment, because I trust God to move the inventory.  I can't buy anything for my loving husband, or my daughter and son-in-law.  I just don't have the cash right now.  But you know what?  I don't care!  And neither do they!  It's not about the presents as much as it is about the presence!  We will sit down together in thanksgiving to God and Jesus and have a wonderful Christmas roast!  My Christmas will be complete knowing that my family is together, even if only for a little while before the kids have to leave.  If I did have the riches of a monarch, I would trade it for my friends' healing and restoration!

Please believe with me this Christmas that God hears all prayers and will take back from the enemy that which was stolen.  He has already gone before us and claimed victory!  All we have to do is receive it.

Dear Father In Heaven,
I come before you in the name of the Kings of kings, Jesus of Nazareth, my Lord and Savior.  I ask you, Father, for a blessing I can hardly contain.  I ask that instead of giving me my Christmas wish of selling books, that you instead use my blessing to heal my new friend, to make the tests show that there is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with her.  Let the doctors be baffled, let the glory go to you!  Let there be a wonderful testimony about how much you love us!

Father God, I would do anything to see this marriage restored.  These young people mean more to me than I can tell them.  Their marriage is so important, I believe that they don't even know exactly how important it is.  Lord, in Matthew 19:6, you say, "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”  Please, Father, bring them back together.  Not as friends, but as husband and wife.  Let the hurts of the past be forgiven, let their eyes be opened to the changes that have taken place in each other, let each see the other's desire be to correct where they have gone wrong.  They have reached out to You, my Lord, in faith and trust.   I know that You are there, and I know that I must trust You.  Ecc 4:12 (NLT) says, "A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."  You are the Third, with You all things are possible for those that just believe!

Thank You for hearing my prayer, Father, and thank You for my life.  Although I struggle, I know that I am growing.  I know that I am making progress in the Kingdom when my desires are for the benefit of someone else.  I give them to You, to heal and restore.  I trust You, God!  I trust You!  And please bless those that read this today that their prayers are also answered and a peace comes to them.  Thank You!

Your daughter,
Deirdre
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)