Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What a Glorious Day it is Today!

Good morning, dear Reader!  I hope that you are pleased that you are alive today!  Thank God for His kindness in letting you pull breath through the night and open your eyes to another brand new day!  As a new man or woman in Christ you have a wonderful opportunity to start all over and correct the mistakes you made yesterday!  Start with asking for forgiveness of our Lord, and then act the way that shows you are in penance. 

"Look on my affliction and my pain, and forgive all my sins." Psalm 25:18 NKJ 
"For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." Psalm 86:5 NKJ

Then forgive those that you harbor a grudge against for whatever reason.  Maybe they hurt you in the past, maybe they don't act the way you want them to, maybe they are self-serving and egotistical.  Jesus is not a respector of persons, and neither should we be.  Jesus tells us to forgive always, and He tells us why we should.  We can't expect God to forgive us without us first forgiving others. 

“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.  But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” Mark 11:25-26

When you forgive, you will feel free of the bonds that hold you back!  Smile as you face the day, and know that your soul is cleansed!  Feel His love around you!

I am so excited today!  I am getting baptized this evening, and I can hardly wait!  I was baptized was as a child because that was the law of the religion that my parents belonged to.  Almost five years ago, on March 28, 2007 I was baptized for what I consider the first time.  It was a life-changing event for me.  I can't even begin to explain all that it did for me!  I stopped cussing and cursing without even knowing it, and my attitude about many things changed.  I became insatiable in my desire to know God and Jesus better and to live a righteous life. 

Tonight I have things that I am consciously leaving behind.  I am making a stand against my anger, doubt, fear, and self-loathing.  I am leaving them behind and breaking through with peace, trust, and confidence in God and myself!  The trust is the most important thing though.  I want so much to stop relying on me and trust Jesus with all my heart.  There are too many circumstances in my life where I don't put my trust in Him.  Instead I try to take care of the situation myself and even though I am doomed for failure and I know it, I do it anyway. 

I want more control in my life than I had before.  I don't want to take control from God, instead I want to acknowledge that the control belongs to God.  I want to exert the authority Jesus won back for me over Satan.  Does that make sense?  I want to know that God is totally in charge of my life.  I want to be submissive to His guidance and direction.  I believe that with submission comes wisdom.  And I want the devil to know exactly who is in authority in my life, and it sure isn’t him!

I pray that your day is beautiful and exciting and that God shows you many things today.  Perhaps you will see or hear of some miracle that will reinforce your love for Him.  Praise Him!  Be a blessing to Him!  He is Awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)