Friday, May 18, 2012

Come to Me...

What do you do when you have "one of those days?"  You know the kind I'm talking about, where just about everything that could go wrong does, and you feel like the world's whipping post.  Those days that seem to drain the life out you as soon as your feet hit the floor in the morning.  When I have those days, sometimes I completely forget what I am supposed to do.  I find myself all wrapped up in the circumstances around me, and I find that everything else comes second to how miserable I feel.

Let's face it, we get weary, dear reader.  The enemy will attack us with anything he can.  And if we're tired we tend to hear his lies even more loud and clear.  He likes to hit us where it really hurts, sucker punch us, if you will.  We start to doubt our ability to do those things that we know we are good at, and we start to question the gifts that God has given us.  For instance, I am a published author of a children's Christmas book, A Christmas I Remember (http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/search.php?search=christmas+i+remember).

This little book was God-inspired, and came as a complete surprise to me.  I had been writing about encouraging things, pretty much like this blogspot, when I was asked to write something for a friend which became a book.  I know God has much more in store for me.  I know there will be other books, and they will all be successful.  But there are days when I can't write a thing worth posting on this blog, and sometimes that makes me feel, well, untalented.  I have asked for comments, but you, dear Reader, very rarely have any.  That has brought my spirits down at times, and there were times when I was about to just "pack it all in" and quit the entire thing.  I could convince myself that I am living in a dream world and my words are not helping anyone. 

As for this blog, well, I haven't written as often as I would like, but I still manage to get things on here when the inspiration comes.  My point is that this isn't a bad blogspot, I think it's actually very good.  I know in my heart that people have found words of encouragement in here that have helped them.  Leaving a comment is a nice encouragement for me, but not necessary for you.  Maybe it's good that I don't hear any bad comments! 

Enough about me.  It's about having one of those days when you feel like your best efforts are less than average.  You know, that is all just a lie from the pits of hell.  The evil one trying to bring you down.  When we're down, we like to find an imaginary hole to crawl into and feel sorry for ourselves for awhile.  Even if the Holy Spirit is saying, "Get up, you are better than that, you are loved with a love that can't be measured," we carry on with our pity party.

Dear Reader, we must stop that.  God gave us each gifts that we are supposed to use for His glory.  Mine happens to be writing.  Maybe yours is listening, or cooking, or taking care of children or older people.  Maybe you take care of pets, maybe you take care of shoppers, or of maintaining bathrooms in good order.  Wherever God has placed us, He put us there and gave us a job that absolutely nobody else can do.  Sure, many people can write encouraging things, but only I can reach the ones God has placed in my path, and the same goes for you.  We are where we are supposed to be, and life is about appreciating the God-given breath that we take and the talents and gifts that He chose for us.

So when you're tired and feel like failure is your middle name, cast off that lie!  Kick the enemy in the teeth with those glistening shoes of peace that you are wearing!  Find that peace that only comes from fellowship with the Lord, and smile!  Yes, smile!  Take a deep breath and picture your Savior and smile.  Do it for Him!  I bet you feel like if you were at Calvery watching Jesus carry His cross you would want more than life itself to take the load from Him.  I do.  Well, if you pick yourself up and thank Him and worship Him, you will be making HIM smile! 

And remember what He said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:28-29

So take the peace of Jesus and conquer the world today in the name of the Lord!  When we do what we don't want to, by picking ourselves up and trying once more, we are giving God all the glory, and we are beating the enemy with a holy stick!  Grab this day and live it for the Lord!  God bless you, dear Reader, have an amazing day today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)