Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fear and Trust

Psalm 56:3:

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You."

This is very profound in it's childlike innocence.  It doesn't give any stipulations, it's straight to the point.  Whenever I'm afraid.  Whenever!  All the time when I am scared and not so confident or sure, I will trust in God.  You know, dear Reader, this is actually a very decisive statement.  What is it saying?

I will trust You to take away my fear, to calm my soul.  I will trust that I find peace and assurance that our God is near and He is willing to help me fight.  I trust that God will give me strength to win the battle over dread and worry.

I will find my courage through Jesus.

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You." Psalm 56:3

What does it mean to you?

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This is a beautiful promise from God and makes me think about one of my favorite verses in Psalm 18 when David said, In my distress I call upon you LORD, so shall I be saved from my enemies. I have often called upon the LORD, not because I am worthy, because none of us are worthy on our own, but because i am covered in the righteousness of Jesus Christ and have this promise that when I am in distress, I can go to God, ANYTIME.

    Thank you my Dear Friend for reminding me of this.
    Your word has encouraged me.

    Shalom,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)