Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Going to the Birds or, Another God Moment!

After a very wet autumn and a cold, damp winter, spring has returned to Central Texas. The bluebonnets and colorful wildflowers are blanketing the area in a splendor of living color. What roadsides just a few weeks ago were dead and barren is now painted blue, white, pink, coral, and green. It is a joy for the eye to behold. A God moment, if you will.

A few days ago while having lunch with my husband on our back porch, a hummingbird flew right to the table, stopped above it, about eye level and 18 inches or so from my face. It turned its black head on white body (I’d never seen one like this before) to look at me. Yes, there was a black and white hummingbird about 18 inches from my face and it turned its head to look me straight in the eye. I smiled and said, “well hello there!” and it flew off. Another God moment.

This was the Lord’s way of telling me that His tiny ones have returned and needed to be fed, so get the feeders out and in place. I know this because it wasn’t the first time He has used a hummingbird to get my attention. Several years ago while doing the dishes, a hummingbird flew right to the window, looked at me, turned and looked at its empty feeder hanging on a shepherd’s hook behind it, looked once again at me, then flew away. How obvious can you get? I mean, when God wants to get a message to you He’ll take whatever means possible, and with me, many times it is through His creations. I had been meaning to clean and refill the feeders but kept putting it off or forgetting. Another God moment.

God, however, doesn’t forget, not even about the smallest of birds, so He would never forget our needs. Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves (or take note of His reminders) to place it all in His great hands, settle into the peace that surpasses all understanding, and watch Him work. He will either do it himself or send someone else to help you. It is humbling and exciting when we put two and two together and enjoy the God moment.

So, dear Reader, enjoy the beauty of Spring, and be sure to thank our Father for His unending love and provision for us and all the rest of His creation. Keep an eye out for those God moments, they are all around you! Oh yeah, and don’t forget to feed the birds!

“Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” Matthew 6:26

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deirdre: Do you remember me? The whining lady? The past four years have been a piss: one serious medical situation after another -- and, then, just when I think... maybe I can give it a "go," another episode. Now that is REALLY WHINING. And tell me about you, what you've been doing. I'm proud of you, my friend; that you have continued to blog all these years. I look forward to hearing from you -- if you still remember me.

    Carol, The Bottom Whine .......... lady

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)