Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Walking in the Light

"For anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, 'Awake O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.'" Ephesians 5:14

The first sentence struck me this morning. As is so often with God's word, it is filled with truth and is as plain as the nose on my face. It is the kind of sentence, that when reading the Bible, I don't even stop to think about it. Something said in such obvious truth gives no cause to dispute it.

If something is in the dark, like a shoe somewhere it doesn't belong, and I get up to investigate a noise and walk into it, it startles me, and causes me to lose my footing. I may trip and fall and hurt myself. There are two ways to avoid this. The first is to of course put my shoes away so this doesn't happen again, or turn on my tiny LED flashlight as soon as I slip my feet into my slippers. 

Once I have added the smallest amount of light necessary to not wake up my sleeping husband, everything is exposed that once lay hidden by the darkness.

The enemy lives this way. Just thriving in the darkness waiting to trip us up. He chooses to place himself dead center on the path we know as familiar in the light. Once we trip and fall, he has us. At least until we are able to find a light switch or to wait for the arrival of some godly help.

So we must never take our path for granted. There are those who would take great pleasure in making us believe that we should take a different way. Rest assured, our path is ordained by the Great Mapmaker Himself. So don't let go of the fact that the simple truth is--keep the light shining. Walk your path in righteousness and shine God's light before you. In this way, you will protect yourself, and you will also expose what's hidden to those who have also been trapped. The Word of God is and will always be our best defense!

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." Matthew 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)