Saturday, September 4, 2021

Forgiven

 Psalm 32 TPT
(A poem of insight and instruction, by King David*)


"How happy and fulfilled are those whose rebellion has been forgiven, 
those whose sins are covered by blood. 
How blessed and relieved are those who have confessed their corruption to God!
For he wipes their slates clean and removes hypocrisy from their hearts.
Before I confessed my sins, I kept it all inside;
my dishonesty devastated my inner life, causing my life to be filled with frustration, 
irrepressible anguish, and misery.
The pain never let up, for your hand of conviction was heavy on my heart.
My strength was sapped, my inner life dried up like a spiritual drought within my soul. 
Pause in his presence  

"Then I finally admitted to you all my sins, refusing to hide them any longer.
I said, "My life-giving God, I will openly acknowledge my evil actions."
And you forgave me! 
All at once the guilt of my sin washed away and all my pain disappeared!
Pause in his presence  

"This is what I've learned through it all: All believers should confess their sins to God;
do it every time God has uncovered you in the time of exposing.
For if you do this, when sudden storms of life overwhelm, you'll be kept safe.
Lord, you are my secret hiding place, protecting me from these troubles,
surrounding me with songs of gladness!
Your joyous shouts of rescue release my breakthrough.
Pause in his presence  

"I hear the Lord saying, "I will stay close to you, instructing 
and guiding you along the pathway for your life.
I will advise you along the way and lead you forth with my eyes as your guide.
So don't make it difficult; don't be stubborn when I take you where 
you've never been before. Don't make me tug you and pull you along. 
Just come with me!

"So my conclusion is this:
Many are the sorrows and frustrations of those who don't come clean with God.
But when you trust in the Lord for forgiveness, 
his wrap-around love will surround you.
So celebrate the goodness of God! He shows this kindness to everyone who is his.
Go ahead--shout for joy, all you upright ones who want to please him."

* From the footnotes in the Passion Translation: David wrote this psalm after he seduced the wife of his most loyal soldier, then had him killed to try to keep her pregnancy a secret. This sin with Bathsheba brought great disgrace to David, yet he finds complete forgiveness in God's mercy. The apostle Paul chose the first two verses of this psalm to support the important doctrine of salvation by grace through faith. This was St. Augustine's favorite psalm. He had it written on the wall near his bed before he died so he could meditate on it.

Dear Reader, how good is our God! Even with sins the like of what King David was guilty of, once we confess these sins to God in humility, he is merciful and forgiving. There isn't anything you could have done that he will not forgive if you humble yourself and ask, then repent. His grace is overwhelming, and his mercies, which are new every morning, will last forever. If you feel you would like to turn to Jesus, our Savior, the prayer for salvation is just a tab away, up above on the menu. Don't be afraid. Heaven awaits, eternity with our Lord and Father! God bless you today.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)