Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Morning Prayer

Dearest Lord, please bless my day today.  Give me wisdom that I may speak the words that come from You; words of life, not death, words of healing, not condemnation.  Father, I want my words to bring truth to the world and the universe.  Let them overpower the negative, death-speaking words of the world. 

Help me to guard my mouth against the deadly words of this world and speak only the living and life-giving words of Your Kingdom.

Fill my heart with love and respect for my fellow man.  Remind me not to judge, lest I be judged.  Father God, remove from me any spirit of pride I may house deep inside me.  I do not want to put myself above my need for You.  Help me to always remember that You are in charge, not me, and that You know best and do all things perfectly, in good judgment, and with wisdom.

Carry me through my day, dear Lord.  You are strong where I am weak, You are brave where I am uncertain.

Keep the enemy from me, and let all I hear today be positive so that I may relish a Kingdom day instead of an earthly one.  Let my thoughts be pure.  Let not the enemy speak through anyone else to me.  Thank You, Lord for considering my prayer.  I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens me!  I am the armor-bearer!  I am the righteousness of God in Christ!  I am an overcomer!  Bless me Lord, in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)