Monday, October 24, 2011

The Book Signing

(Saturday, 22 October 2011, me reading to the children. I cropped them for privacy sake.)

What amazing few days I have had recently.  On Friday I found out that my book was on Amazon!  What a strange feeling that was!  I looked today and saw it on Amazon in Germany, Japan, Canada, and the UK.  Wow, it is very surreal.  God is moving!  I had my very first Book Signing and Reading on Saturday.  It was a wonderful experience for me.  Some of my dearest friends stopped by to wish me luck and bought books.  One old friend that I hadn't seen in almost 15 years came by!  That was a very special moment for me.  (Cathy, if you are reading this, thank you, that meant the world to me.)  I have had people say the nicest things about the book.  Some people haven't even read it yet, but they compliment me and support me.  Others are putting it on their own blogs.  And wait til you hear this, Kindra's little boy wants to write a book report about it!  Praise God, that is the best review I could have, and very soon I hope to put that on my web page as a review.  Can't get any better than that.  By the way, I sold 20 books there.

You know, only I have the hard cover and coloring books for sale.  Amazon doesn't, and even my publisher doesn't.  I have to sell 1,000 of them first for my publisher to see the demand.  Wouldn't that be something?  I'm almost ready for the challenge.  We'll see.

I wonder what God has in store for me next?  I would like to write another book, but it isn't very easy with working all day.  I don't know how some authors do it.  I will let God direct my path, that's the way it should be.  I feel safe that way.  He goes before me and grants me favor.  He loves me.  I am so very blessed.

I know this is short, and it has been a while, and I apologize.  I am tired, there is so much to do selling books.  Have a beautiful evening, and may God, in all His goodness, bless you all with sweet and peaceful sleep.  I will be back in a day or two, okay?  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)