Thursday, January 5, 2012

Joy Fills My Heart!

"The ransomed of the Lord will return.  They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads.  Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away."  Isaiah 51:11 NIV

I am no longer held captive by those traits that had worn me down.  I left them in the waters of the baptismal pool last night.  I feel wonderfully hopeful about the future, and my heart is filled with joy!  I know that the enemy will try to dump all the same old junk on me, but I won't be biting this time.  He'd be better off just going away...forever!

I know that I will slip and fall on occasion, but I am consciously aware now of those things that I wish to be rid of.  "Do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20 NIV

My name is written in heaven!  Father God catches our tears in a jar, and has our faces etched on His hand!  I am a child of the Almighty God, and a joint heir to the throne with Jesus Christ, my Brother!  My heart sings with joy!

Dear Reader, 1 Thessalonians 5:16 tells us to "Be joyful always."  Find something beautiful today, whether it be the sun, the rain, the wind, the child, the dog, the cat, the dinner, whatever; and give thanks to the Lord for it, after all, His glory is all around you!  Let Him know how absolutely awesome He is!  Tell Him that your life is His!  Sing a song of joy!

Father in Heaven, thank You for the emotion of joy, which is so much more fulfilling than happiness.  Thank you that there are so many beautiful things to see and hear that come only from knowing you, things that I used to overlook, but now fascinate me.  Thank You that Your power and majesty is evident in all the world around me!  I adore You!  Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlm9rzvZvXo&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)