Thursday, December 22, 2011

When Love Was Born

Have you ever held a newborn child in your arms?  It's a little intimidating at first, they are so small and powerless.  Usually their eyes are closed and they seem very content and happy just laying there.  But our big hands, hands that cover so much of their little bodies seem awkward.

I remember holding my newborn baby girl.  What an amazing feeling that was!  She was only 4.9 lbs, and 19 inches long.  She had blond fuzzy hair and very dark eyes.  She had perfect little fingers and toes.  She was mine and my husband's love exemplified!  She relied on us for everything she needed.  God made us stewards of the most precious and sweet gift imaginable; His baby girl, His innocent child.  He blessed us that day 29 years ago and He counted on us to take care of her and to bring her up in His ways.

Our little girl (it doesn't matter how old she is, she is my precious child) is a blessing to me that you can't imagine.  She is kindness, and goodness, and an example of patience in a lot of ways.  She has gone through battles in her health, her marriage, and her spirit life, and is going through some as I write.  I know that I have not always been there for her for whatever reason there may be, whether she didn't want me, or I was too stubborn to lend her an ear or a hand because I didn't want to understand what she was going through; it didn't line up with the Word or what I knew was right.  So I abandoned her.  I judged her actions and not her motives.  I could only trust God for so long, and then the door would open and the devil would walk in.  I wasn't patient enough, I don't like to wait.

When someone we love falls, shouldn't we be there to catch them?  I did when she was a baby, is there a time when that stops?  When did it become okay to say, 'they're adults now, they can live their own life' and just walk away?  We have things we go through our whole life!  Does it not make sense to go to someone for help who has already been there?  Why should we pretend that just because we are older we can figure it out ourselves?  I would always like to be there for her.  It completes me as a mother to know that my child still counts on me for advice and guidance.

She is one of my best friends.  I love my best girlfriends, they make me all gushy and happy inside.  I smile thinking about the peace they give me.  I have three, and I am enormously blessed.  Each is so different from the other, but God gave each of them a gift for me.  One has wisdom that I rely on, another is my encourager, and one is my joy giver.

This Christmas, I thank God for the Baby that He sent to this earth to redeem us.  I praise You, Lord Jesus, and I thank You for your sacrifice.  I know your Mama loved You, like I love my baby.  I would do anything for both of you, Lord, just have patience as I morph into the woman You are changing me into, and please give her the strength to endure as I change.  Let her know that she is more important to me than anything, and though at times I may be distant, we can come together in prayer and reach each other's souls.  I keep falling, and sometimes it's not enough to walk around the mountain and learn, apparently there are days when I must crawl, seeing the dirt in my face so that when I look up and see You it is that much more beautiful and appreciated. 

Please bless my baby today, Jesus, give her wisdom, and insight, and show her how to rest in Your peace.  Guide me to be the best mother possible.  Thank You, Lord, I love You!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKSU9Dbxvrw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)