Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Reader,

Whether you are from the United States, Russia, the Netherlands, Germany, Latvia, or Malaysia, I would like to thank you for reading my blog.  I am so thankful for you and that you have blessed me by stopping by and spending a few minutes of your precious time here.  Although you don't often comment, you have helped me to keep up this task of writing my thoughts and prayers, a task I believe God has placed in my heart for future books.

I believe with all my heart that we are all integral in spreading His word.  Although we might not be great evangelists, He has made us all ministers.  When we comfort a child and tell them that it will be alright, that it is only a little thunder, and the angels are bowling, we are ministering God's love for another.  When we are waiting in line for what seems like forever, and we let that other person go because they have less than us, and what's a few more minutes when we've already been here forever, we are showing kindness.  When we give a can of soup to the homeless shelter we are feeding the hungry.  When we mow the lawn and vacuum the house we are being good stewards of what God has given us and an example to our neighbors.  When we forgive when we don't want to, because we don't want to be hurt again and we determine to start with a clean slate, we are showing wisdom and compassion.

Isn't that what we're supposed to do?  Love one another?  When we embrace the one that hurt us, and forgive them for their past mistakes, we are giving the angels another chorus to sing, and we are defeating the devil.  I thank God for the gifts He has given me, the words to inspire others and maybe help them to get through another day.

I thank Him that even if I never meet you 'on this side of the rainbow', that you are in my life today.  Knowing that you are there has been rewarding and reassuring to me on those days when I wanted to just close the site down and go on to something else.  God has prompted me and let me know someone needs me, and I need them.

So thank you, dear Reader, for your time and your comments (even if you didn't send them to me).  May our God Almighty bless you today with all your heart's desires!  May He smile on you, and let you feel His kiss on your head!  Thank Him for your family, for your less than perfect spouse and children, for the roof over your head, for the company that employs you, for the delivery truck driver that brings food to the store, for those that work on the holidays, for those that make the beautiful bouquets for you to give to a loved one, and for that absolutely beautiful smile that God has placed on your face that warms the heart of those around you!

Spend time with Him today and thank Him that He is there with you, even if you feel like no one else is.  Because He is, always, til the end of the age!

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)