Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Book is Released!

Today my book was released on the Internet!!!  Amazon is now carrying it, Barnes and Noble is carrying it, and if you google my name or A Christmas I Remember, you'd be amazed at all the places it is for sale!  Amazon has it in the UK, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Russia, Germany, and of course right here in the great USA.  This is just the most amazing thing to me.  When God wants something done, He goes right ahead and does it.

He has gone before me all the way on this.  I believe that God plants desires into our hearts so that we can tend to them and let them grow.  Like seeds.  We don't usually recognize this though.  Sometimes we let our dreams die, as I did, many years ago.  But once that feeling came back, all I wanted to do was write!  I believe that we don't even know that sometimes we are living that dream unaware.  I was certainly writing, but it wasn't in a book format or anything like that.  I just wrote about things God was showing me; just simple things mostly, but they were profound nonetheless.  I wanted to write a book of encouraging things, things that I learned. 

But the Lord had other plans.  He had this book in mind.  He had Blessed Beginnings, my business name in mind.  So out of nowhere here comes this beautiful little Christmas book!  And although it has been for sale on my Website (www.deirdretolhurst.com) and at my publisher (www.tatepublishing.com), now it can also be found on the Web!  I truly hope that we sell at a minimum hundred of thousands of copies, so that God will get the glory that He deserves.  He has a plan for this book, He wants to reach the children and He has chosen me to help Him do that.  This is an honor and a blessing that I never expected! 

If you have a dream, pursue it.  I am 55 years old, and am only getting started.  What does it say in Job 8:7?  "Though your beginning was small, yet your latter end would increase abundantly."  And Jeremiah 29:11?  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."  I have peace, this is His book, more than it's mine.  I am just the instrument He used to get the story out there.  I have a future and a hope.  I am resting in the bosom of my God!  Praise to Him!

So what is your dream?  Have you pursued it?  Please share your comments.  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)